Re: [patch] USB after second suspend/resume on ThinkPads.

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:47:53 -0400
On Monday, June 16, 2014 3:21:55 pm Edward Tomasz NapieraƂa wrote:
> Hi.  Patch below should fix a problem where USB stops working after
> _second_ suspend/resume, which happens on various ThinkPad models.
> Please test, and report both success stories and failures.  If nothing
> comes up, I'll commit it in a week or so.

Good find.  Have you thought about a more generic fix for this wherein you
track power resources and flip them on during resume in ACPI before doing
DEVICE_RESUME() on the root bus?

Alternatively, this probably meshes well with Justin's work on multipass
suspend/resume in that ACPI buses (e.g. acpi_pci and acpi0 itself) should be
turning on any power sources associated with an ACPI device during the
bus_resume_child() callback.

--
John Baldwin