Re: rsu wireless driver crapshoot

From: Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 07:39:43 +0200
On 06/27/14 06:39, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> My Internet connection on this computer is very iffy at best, not running as I type this.
>
> Motherboard is MSI Z77 MPOWER.
>
> Ethernet is Realtek (re): good with NetBSD, Linux and Haiku, (Free,Open and DragonFly)BSD bug out.
>
> Only Internet connection for FreeBSD is Hiro H50191 USB-stick wireless adapter, chipset RTL8191SU, device rsu.
>
> Sometimes it connects.  Running ifconfig (by itself), I get, whether connection is working ot not,

Hi,

You can help us by sending an e-mail to the manufacturer to provide the
programmers guide for this device so that we can make a proper driver. I
understand your device does not work that great under FreeBSD.

It is also possible for you look into the code and try and modify
things, watch debug prints and so on and propose a patch. It is not that
difficult.

Another option is to buy a Raalink based WLAN dongle. See ural/run/rum
drivers. They work much more reliably!

Thank you!

--HPS