Re: nvi: <tab> can't be used in the context of substitute

From: Zhihao Yuan <lichray_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 15:07:29 -0500
On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 1:45 PM, Don Lewis <truckman_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On  2 Mar, Zhihao Yuan wrote:
>> Currently, to input <tab> in last line, you can either
>>
>>   <C-v><C-v><tab>

Hmm, it seems that I have to type C-v twice just because the
combination of my zh_CN.GB18030 locale and xterm.  In
other cases you should be able to just use C-v to escape.
I'll email xterm developers for details...

> Thanks.  I've been meaning to whine about this for a while.  I just
> dropped
>         :se filec=
> in ~/.nexrc and I'm happy again.

Actually, the filec functionality has been greatly improved
1. it completes paths level by level, no longer try to find the
longest match; 2. it recognizes escaped partial results, and
gives escaped results.  For example, when completing
a filename "nice boat", the old filec gives you

  :e nice boat

, then you are going to open two files, which makes this
feature useless.  Now we give

  :e nice^V boat

which is the working answer.  I hope you can get
accustomed to this feature :)

--
Zhihao Yuan, ID lichray
4BSD -- http://4bsd.biz/