Re: importing sam leffler's libstatfoo into -HEAd

From: Scot Hetzel <swhetzel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 10:34:21 -0600
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:16 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4 March 2014 20:19, Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
>> On 4 Mar 2014, at 18:31, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> hi,
>>>
>>> i'd like to import the libstatfoo code from sam into -HEAD.
>>>
>>> It's used by some of the wifi tools to print out periodic and global
>>> statistics. It abstracts away the gathering, printing and formatting
>>> bits.
>>>
>>> I'm hoping that we can adapt some of the other base tools to use it
>>> and then teach it to print out statistics in other (machine parsable)
>>> formats, so we don't have to keep hacking at the tools to do this.
>>>
>>> The initial import:
>>>
>>> http://people.freebsd.org/~adrian/patches/20140304-libbsdstatfoo.diff
>>
>> While there, could you please rename it? libstatfoo is a pretty bad name...
>
> I'm open to suggestions, but I don't want to get bogged down by sheds.

lib/libbsdstatfoo -> lib/libbsdstat[,istics]
lib/libbsdstatfoo/statfoo.c -> lib/libbsdstat[,istics]/bsdstat[,istics].c
lib/libbsdstatfoo/statfoo.h -> lib/libbsdstat[,istics]/bsdstat[,istics].h

Then change all occurrences of statfoo/STATFOO in those files to
bsdstat[,istics]/BSDSTAT[,ISTICS].

--
DISCLAIMER:

No electrons were maimed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.