Re: reproducible panic every day at 03:02, probably triggered by daily periodic scipts - help

From: Anton Shterenlikht <mexas_at_bris.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 08:07:14 -0800 (PST)
>From gjb_at_freebsd.org Thu Mar  6 15:58:51 2014
>
>On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 07:49:42AM -0800, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
>> >Can you go into /etc/periodic/daily and execute those scripts one by
>> >one? You should be able to narrow down which one is the culprit.
>>=20
>> unfortunately I cannot reproduce the panic
>> this way. What I did was:
>>=20
>> # cd /etc/periodic/daily
>> # for file in `ls`
>> do
>> echo $file
>> ./$file
>> done
>>=20
>> I run it twice, I could see all scripts
>> executing one after another,
>> but no panic.
>> Perhaps something else is happening at
>> the same time as daily scripts?
>> But I cannot find what.
>>=20
>
>It can also be one of the scripts in /etc/periodic/security.
>
>Can you retry your test in that directory, as well?
>
>Glen

# pwd
/etc/periodic/security
# for file in `ls`
do
echo $file
./$file
done
100.chksetuid
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
110.neggrpperm
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
200.chkmounts
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
300.chkuid0
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
400.passwdless
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
410.logincheck
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
460.chkportsum

Checking for ports with mismatched checksums:
500.ipfwdenied
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
510.ipfdenied
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
520.pfdenied
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
550.ipfwlimit
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
610.ipf6denied
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
700.kernelmsg
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
800.loginfail
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
900.tcpwrap
ASSERTION FAILED: Unexpected value for  $PERIODIC: ''
security.functions
#

Perhaps these scripts cannot be simply
executed from the command line?