Re: FreeBSD GSOC proposal in 2014

From: yan cui <ccuiyyan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 21:56:35 -0400
Hi all,

    I write this mail to make my question clear. I know witness can be used
to detect wrong lock order in the kernel. However, can it be used to do
lock profiling (what I mean is to report the information such as which
locks are most contended and print some related statistics such as calling
graph, etc)?
In other words, is it enough to finish the task by porting witness to the
pthread library?

Thanks, Yan