Re: gnash broken

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 17:07:32 +0000 (UTC)
>  Hi all, the gnash port is broken from two months ago , because have problem
>  with the boost ports (link problem)
>  Have other ports to emulate flash as browser plugins?

> Rizzo

I have gnash 0.8.10_7 installed on FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE, and it quit working with the last update.

Before then, it worked on YouTube but very little else.

There is swfdec, but I never got that to run, maybe because gnash as plugin prevented swfdec from activating.

There is also lightsparc, but I haven't found that in FreeBSD ports collection, or NetBSD pkgsrc either.

Maybe build and install wine and download 32-bit Adobe Flash plugin?  Wine only runs on i386 but can be run from amd64 using /compat/i386.

Tom