Re: gnash broken

From: Nilton Jose Rizzo <rizzo_at_i805.com.br>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 00:45:29 -0300
Em Sun, 16 Mar 2014 11:50:25 -0700, Kevin Oberman escreveu
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 10:49 AM, RW <rwmaillists_at_googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 17:07:32 +0000 (UTC)
> > Thomas Mueller wrote:
> >

> > > Maybe build and install wine and download 32-bit Adobe Flash plugin?
> > > Wine only runs on i386 but can be run from amd64 using /compat/i386.
> >
> > The Linux Flash plugin still works for me.
> >

> If you object to binary blobs, it is a non-starter, but
> www/linux-f10-flashplugin11 works quite well with firefox. (I asume that
> tis is what Thomas was referring to.

   I'm using the -current -- FreeBSD valfenda 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD
11.0-CURRENT #16 r263202: Sat Mar 15 00:23:05 BRT 2014
root_at_:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/VALFENDA  amd64

   and the gnash don't work to me. I'm not using the flash plugin (from
linux emulator) because I think different about this.
   I'll not use anything that not be native to freeBSD, because in my opnion
we have to make an effort to convince the big players of software developers
that FreeBSD is cost effective.

   If I need to use flash player for some reason, I'll install a linux
box.   I hate all sites that was created using flash to work.  I have a hope
about a full HTML5 support in firefox or in opera, and the flash dieing
slowly

  This is only my opnion, but some times I would like to see some movies and
I need some plug-ins to run flash, the  gnash do a good job, but some times
only work with newest versions of  flash plug-ins

Rizzo