Re: Building with external toolchain was broken 6 months ago with r255187

From: David Chisnall <theraven_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 14:25:44 +0000
On 20 Mar 2014, at 14:08, John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> No, the compiler should provide a working "wmmintrin.h" header in one of
> its built-in paths if it supports the AES instructions.  This is akin to
> saying that code that uses "stdio.h" should use -I/usr/src/include.

It does, however our build system then explicitly says to the compiler 'don't use your built-it paths because they may contain declarations that contradict the FreeBSD ones' by means of the sysroot argument.  When not using an external toolchain, we put the compiler's internal headers inside the sysroot.

David