Re: Hello fdclose

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 17:54:13 +0100
Warren Block <wblock_at_wonkity.com> writes:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no> writes:
> > I mean the FreeBSD project, and the reason is as John stated: all
> > sentences must start with a capital letter.  I've gotten so used to
> > this over the past 15 years that I even do it in email and other
> > non-FreeBSD written material.
> "Because it's been that way for 15 years" is not always a
> justification (consider BIND in base, for example :).

"I don't like your answer, so I will ignore it" is not a justification
either.  It's kindergarden behavior and beneath the dignity of a FreeBSD
committer.

We have a rule that sentences must always start with a capital letter.
The fact that this rule was instituted 15 years ago does not
automatically invalidate it, and neither does the fact that Joe Random
Committer disagrees with it.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no