Re: newcons and beeping X

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 10:00:47 -0700 (PDT)
As far as I can tell, the situation is the same on
FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE #0 r265185 amd64.

newcons uses my X font (terminus), albeit it produces
no polish letters (some random glyphs are produced),
bell is working but initila terminal offset is wrong-
I can "overwrite" my terminal prompt, X is mute
but correctly localized.

I've added:

device         vt
device         vt_vga

#device         sc
#device         vga

I have in rc.conf

font8x14=iso02-8x14
font8x16=iso02-8x16
font8x8=iso02-8x8
keymap=pl_PL.ISO8859-2

but it makes no difference on newcons
iirc from last time.

newcons work similarly to xterm those
few times I've unsuccessfully tried to switch
to UTF-8 (I've distinctly remember prompt
offset problem and indexed 3 in place of ł).