Re: newcons and beeping X

From: Jakub Lach <jakub_lach_at_mailplus.pl>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 14:31:36 -0700 (PDT)
I've used attached script for making usable kbd.

I'm aware of another problem though (and can
clarify it now).

If I use any other character than a basic latin set, my
prompt is not preserved.

e. g.

Kuba_at_Thinkpad:/usr/home/Kuba $ abcdefghi

<deleting>

Kuba_at_Thinkpad:/usr/home/Kuba $ <prompt is right here>

Kuba_at_Thinkpad:/usr/home/Kuba $ ąćęłóźż

<deleting>

Kuba_at_Thinkpad:/usr/ho <prompt somewhere here>

Apart form that, newcons works, albeit kind of choppy,
do I have any control of it's resolution?

Can I make it more seamless with both X and bootloader?

(now I have bootloader for a splitsecond, abrupt video reset,
newcons spawned with the same resolution but with
different font, after starting X and going back to newcons
it preserves X resolution)