Re: Fatal double fault in ZFS with yesterday's CURRENT

From: Steven Hartland <killing_at_multiplay.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2014 15:31:11 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: "Fabian Keil" <freebsd-listen_at_fabiankeil.de>

> After updating my laptop to yesterday's CURRENT (r265216),
> I got the following fatal double fault on boot:
> http://www.fabiankeil.de/bilder/freebsd/kernel-panic-r265216/
>
> My previous kernel was based on r264721.
>
> I'm using a couple of custom patches, some of them are ZFS-related
> and thus may be part of the problem (but worked fine for months).
> I'll try to reproduce the panic without the patches tomorrow.

Your seeing a stack overflow in the new ZFS queuing code, which I
believe is being triggered by lack of support for TRIM in one of
your devices, something Xin reported to me yesterday.

I commited a fix for failing TRIM requests processing slowly last
night so you could try updating to after r265253 and see if that
helps.

I still need to investigate the stack overflow more directly which
appears to be caused by the new zfs queuing code when things are
running slowly and there's a large backlog of IO's.

I would be interested to know you config there so zpool layout and
hardware in the mean time.

    Regards
    Steve