Re: portmaster/pkg still populating /var/db/pkg/

From: Marc UBM <ubm.freebsd_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2014 12:43:27 +0200
On Sun, 04 May 2014 10:04:37 +0100
Matthew Seaman <matthew_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On 04/05/2014 09:46, Marc UBM wrote:
> > After my last port rebuild (libxml, libxcb, etc.) I realized that
> > portmaster is still populating /var/db/pkg with the old db scheme (i.e.
> > one directory for each port). At the same time, local.sqlite exists and
> > is up to date (I can query the db via pkg just fine).
> >
> > I switched to pkgng ages ago (sometime during the winter of 2011, I
> > believe) - have I missed any necessary steps or is this a known quirk?
> >
> > I'm using pkg-1.3.0.a10 and pkgconf-0.9.5, uname:
> >
> > FreeBSD xxx 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #19
> > r258254:264321M: Fri Apr 11 06:31:35 CEST 2014
> > xxx:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/SUBMARINE_SMP  amd64
>
> It's a known thing.  portmaster uses a per-package subdir under
> /var/db/pkg to stash some data about distfiles.  It just looks
> superficially like the old-style pkg DB -- but rest assured, all the
> data describing your installed packages is stored in local.sqlite

Thanks a lot for the quick response - good to know there's no need to
worry about that. With that out of the way, I have another question.
On the same machine mentioned above, the pkg delete command aborts
with (for example):

root_at_ubm:/usr/ports/www/mod_scgi# pkg delete xmms
Assertion failed: (pkg != NULL), function pkg_get2, file pkg.c, line
267. Child process pid=9220 terminated abnormally by signal: 6

I know I'm running the alpha branch of pkg, so if there is anything I
can help with debugging that, let me know.

Thanks,
Marc