Re: Thinkpad T410: resume broken

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2014 23:31:52 +0200
On 16.05.2014 22:51, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yeah. I'd really suggest trying with stable/10 or -HEAD with vt
> enabled and no VESA.

Thanks for all replies.

Using vt is definitely an improvement, but not perfect. (I've set
hw.vga.textmode=1 because graphics mode is very slow. Don't know if that
matters.)

The text console still remains black if I try to resume from there.

But there's some success suspending from X:
Resume puts me back on the text console in a strange state, e.g., no
text visible and a cursor blinking.

After some time I can bring X back via CTRL-ALT-F9. Some of the
graphics/fonts in X are garbled after resume. But it's still usuable.

After that, also the virtual consoles work via CTRL-ALT-F1.

But after a second resume, X was even more garbled and virtual consoles
no longer worked.

Setting ACPI_PM for x11/nvidia-driver doesn't seem to have any effects.

--
Stefan