Re: ARM i.MX6 based Utilitie-Pro board supported?

From: Boris Samorodov <bsam_at_passap.ru>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 14:10:45 +0400
17.05.2014 12:50, O. Hartmann пишет:

> I'm looking for a smart FreeBSD Router/Gateway solution based upon the ARM architecture.

I'd wonder why it's ARM. I'd think that a MIPS arch is more appropriate
for a router.

> One of the necessities ist the existence of two GBit NICs which are hard to find on most
> experimental ARM platforms today combinded with at least two CPU cores.

I have a IMX6 based wandboard-quad with 1Gb NIC. It's theoretical
maximum speed is 40 MB/sec., while current driver achieves about
20 MB/sec.

> I found the Utilities Pro board [1], four cores, two GBit NICs and WiFi along with 2GB
> RAM and I was wondering whether this board is supported by FreeBSD. I couldn't find
> anything useful since I'm a novice with ARM CPU naming and Utilities Pro is not mentioned
> in the list of compatible and supported ARM based equipment in [2]. Well, not being
> mentioned doesn't mean "not supported" since the components have to be supported anyway,
> but as I said, I do not know what Utilities Pro equipt to their solution. maybe someon of
> the FreeBSd users already made some experiences with this board/solution.

You may find and get more info at the arm_at_ ML.

--
WBR, Boris Samorodov (bsam)
FreeBSD Committer, http://www.FreeBSD.org The Power To Serve