Re: panic: resource_list_add: resource entry is busy

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 10:07:58 -0400
On Monday, May 19, 2014 4:12:50 pm Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On 05/18/14 23:03, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > First call:
> >
> > resource_list_add:
>
> Hi,
>
> It appears that the /dev/pccard.X is opened and reading some CIS data
> from the device before any driver has been attached. The attached patch
> solves the panic I've seen. Not sure if the patch is correct.

Oops, your patch was dropped in my reply, but it just disables
pccard_scan_cis() while a device is probing.

Warner, the issue here is that pccard_scan_cis() can do a bus_alloc_resource()
for SYS_RES_MEMORY rid 0 of a pccard device concurrently with
pccard_function_init().  Hans patch might be along the right track, though
we might want to make /dev/pccard.X block until pccard_function_init()
finishes rather than causing pccard_scan_cis() to fail.  What do you think?

--
John Baldwin