Re: pkg 1.4 freeze please test test test!

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2014 23:54:05 -0800
On Sun, Nov 9, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Matthias Andree <matthias.andree_at_gmx.de>
wrote:

> Am 03.11.2014 um 22:48 schrieb Freddie Cash:
> > On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 1:40 PM, Hans Petter Selasky <hps_at_selasky.org>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Is it possible when upgrading a system via "pkg" to selectivly switch
> >> upgrades ON/OFF. For example I have a custom ffmpeg install and would
> like
> >> to keep it every time I do a binary upgrade?
> >>

> > ​# man pkg-lock
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > I believe that's what you are looking for.​  No idea how well it works
> > long-term, though, or if you lock a large number of packages.
>
> It used to refuse portmaster upgrades of a locked port and was thus
> useless for mixed binary packages + portmaster use.  I haven't yet
> checked if pkg 1.4 has fixed this.

I don't think that this is considered to be a bug, so it is not fixed. Easy
work-around:
pkg unlock PACKAGE
portmaster PACKAGE
pkg lock PACKAGE

Personally I would prefer if portmaster did the unlock and lock, perhaps
tied to an option, but it's not a big issue as far as I can see. Just an
annoyance.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer, Retired
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com