Re: CFR: AES-GCM and OpenCrypto work review

From: John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 12:31:14 -0800
Andrey V. Elsukov wrote this message on Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 21:34 +0300:
> On 16.11.2014 09:15, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> > Ok, I was able to reproduce the bug, and found that my optimization
> > for single mbuf packets was broken...  I've attached a new patch
> > that has the fix...
> >
> > This patch also has added a lock around the aesni fpu context setting
> > to deal w/ the issue that I had...
> >
> > Let me know how things are w/ this new patch.
>
> with this patch all works as expected.

Just so you know, even tunnel mode w/ aesni on a clean HEAD can panic..
I just got a:
panic: dummy ctx

from the tunnel mode by having two machines ping -f'ing each other...
This is a different form of the same panic I posted about earlier w/
the fpu context being reused for different threads...

I plan on committing the patch w/o the mtx_lock as including the lock
will significantly impact people who use geli...

I am working on a fix for this w/ kib that will allow us to not
allocate an fpu context and get things a little more stable, but there
are other bugs that also need to be addressed before aesni is safe
to use w/ IPsec...

Thanks for testing!

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579