Re: send-pr must live

From: Erik Cederstrand <erik+lists_at_cederstrand.dk>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:10:53 +0100
> Den 20/11/2014 kl. 18.07 skrev Chris H <bsd-lists_at_bsdforge.com>:
>
> Greetings,
> While I recognize that send-pr has pretty much
> become useless, with the advent of bugzilla, being made
> the new "official" FreeBSD bug reporting system. I really
> miss send-pr, and was hoping I could revive it, eg;
> integrate it with bugzilla. I had even contemplated adding
> a feature that would allow it to also work with local
> port/system building structures people often use to build,
> and maintain FreeBSD.

The original send-pr simply send an email to freebsd-gnats-submit_at_freebsd.org. I wrote a script some years ago to parse the contents of that email and import it into Bugzilla using the Bugzilla XML-RPC API: https://github.com/ecederstrand/send-pr

The advantage is that no changes are necessary to the original send-pr because the script would run on a freebsd.org server. I haven't adapted it to the Bugzilla that is running now, but it should be fairly easy. Maybe this could be of use?

Erik