printing text file with LPD - non-printable characters

From: Beeblebrox <zaphod_at_berentweb.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2014 12:03:03 -0700 (PDT)
_at_Matthias:
> I moved the thread by setting Reply-To: to the normal
> freebsd-question_at_ list;
I'm using the nabble interface, so if the move does not work.. (I've never tried with moved thread before).

> First of all check, what encoding has your text file, UTF-8 or ISO or
$ file print.txt >  UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines

> Then run the file through the filter
Thanks for that idea - helped narrow down the problem to enscript:
$ enscript mytext.txt -o filter.txt
[ 4 pages * 1 copy ] left in ens.txt
59 lines were wrapped
7 non-printable characters
Resulting file has same encoding errors as hard copy.

* I should also mention that I tried this from both Desktop and from tty* with same results.
* Will any environment settings affect this? The only relevant entry is: LANG=en_US.UTF-8

Regards.
--
FreeBSD_amd64_11-Current_RadeonKMS

-----
FreeBSD-11-current_amd64_root-on-zfs_RadeonKMS