Re: Compiling Xen on FreeBSD using clang ...

From: Marcin Cieslak <saper_at_saper.info>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 23:17:27 +0000 (UTC)
On Sun, 19 Oct 2014, Matthew Grooms wrote:

> Thanks for that. I hope the Xen devs can get the yajl and signed int patches
> committed. Those were the only C level code changes I ran into and would
> clean up the build significantly for clang users. Tho only other knit was the
>
> register unsigned long sp asm("rsp");
>
> ... assembly but maybe that compiles with 3.5 as well?

I am still getting this:

/home/saper/sw/xen/xen/include/asm/current.h:30:33: error: variable
       'sp' is uninitialized when used here [-Werror,-Wuninitialized]
     return (struct cpu_info *)((sp & ~(STACK_SIZE-1)) + STACK_...
                                 ^~
/home/saper/sw/xen/xen/include/asm/current.h:28:30: note: initialize
       the variable 'sp' to silence this warning
     register unsigned long sp asm("rsp");
                              ^
                               = 0
1 error generated.

> Do you have a link to your patch set? I sifted through the ones posted by
> Julien and I probably saw most of yours as well. My goal was to get as much
> as possible to compile with the existing system compiler so I didn't try
> 3.5.0. Maybe that's a better bet.

It would be also really good to integrate with qemu from ports
and not compile our own version again.

My patches are attached, hopefully the mailing list
will accept them.

//Marcin