Re: vt_suspend / vt_resume

From: Jean-Sébastien Pédron <dumbbell_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 10:55:02 +0200
On 09.10.2014 17:09, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> I looked at the vt code and I was not able to figure out what would be the
> proper place there.
> Initially I thought that vt_allocate() would be it, but then it seems that
> vt_allocate() might not be called. So, perhaps vtterm_cnprobe() ? Something else?

What about vt_upgrade()? It's called later in the boot process:

/* Delay until all devices attached, to not waste time. */
SYSINIT(vt_early_cons, SI_SUB_INT_CONFIG_HOOKS, SI_ORDER_ANY, vt_upgrade,
    &vt_consdev);

However, it's called from vt_allocate() too, so you would need a flag in
struct vd_device->vd_flags to record the fact the handlers are registered.

The core handlers would then call backend-specific handlers, if the
backend provides them.

--
Jean-Sébastien Pédron