Re: issues w/ installing stuff multiple times...

From: John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 15:47:32 -0700
Brooks Davis wrote this message on Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 22:10 +0000:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 02:55:09PM -0700, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> >
> > > On Oct 27, 2014, at 14:50, John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > There are issues w/ installing tests where the test files get installed
> > > multiple times.
> > >
> > > To reproduce this, use the following steps:
> > > make installworld -j 8 DESTDIR=<somelocation> -DNO_ROOT
> > >
> > > Once you have done the above, in <somelocation> there will be the file
> > > METALOG, run:
> > > grep -v type=dir <somelocation>/METALOG | awk '{ print $1 }' | sort | uniq -d
> > >
> > > This will print out the current list if files that get installed multiple
> > > times....
> > >
> > > Currently, it looks like all the tests subdirs are installed a second
> > > time...
> > >
> > > Could someone look at making it so that they don't get installed
> > > multiple times?
> >
> > Hi jmg!
> >     I have a patch out for this that I need to commit today. Thank you for the reminder.
>
> Great to hear this will be fixed.  Once we've fixed them all, it would be
> really good to have a test in Jenkins looking out for new duplicate files
> since they are always bugs.

I agree.... I've given the meat of the test above...  Any output from
that pipeline means that there is a bug...

Also, it'd be good if Jenkins would do an installworld in addition to
a buildworld...  We've recently had breakages that are only uncovered
when installworld is done...

Current items (other than tests) installed multiple times:
/etc/mail/mailer.conf
/usr/libdata/pkgconfig/*
various man pages: nvlist_freef, various loader

So, shouldn't be too much work to knock the rest out...  If someone
adds the jenkins test, I'll fix the remaining issues (others are free
to fix these too)...

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579