Re: junior kernel tasks

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:21:31 -0400
On Saturday, October 25, 2014 4:45:36 pm Mateusz Guzik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In short, nice kernel tasks people with C language skills can do in few
> evenings.
>
> https://wiki.freebsd.org/JuniorJobs
>
> It is assumed you know how to obtain sources and build the kernel.
>
> What you can get in return:
> - your own code in FreeBSD tree
> - eternal glory [1]
> - fun [2]
>
> If you are not interested, but know someone who does, please pass it
> down.
>
> [1] - not really, no
> [2] - well, I guess that's subjective, so that's not a "no"

Even though our bugmeisters have decided that we should not have wishlist
items in our bug tracker, I really wish we could store the various idea lists
(we have several) in an issue tracker instead.  This would allow for folks to
comment on ideas, vote for them, etc.  It would also make it easier for more
people to submit new ideas.

It also provides a better place to store metadata about the issue itself
(wikis are kind of poor for that).

--
John Baldwin