Re: pkg 1.4 freeze please test test test!

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:49:11 +0100
On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 02:28:05PM +0100, Daniel Gerzo wrote:

> >> And what is solution?
> >> May be some flag on package (php) for reinstall all deps?
> >
> > I do have no idea, I'm open for suggestions :)
> > Either on the package side with triggers but that means implementing
> > trigger in
> > package
> > Or in package side with provide/requires saying that this packages
> > requires an
> > exact version of php meaning in case of upgrade of php the version
> > would have
> > changed
> >
> > Or someone has to be clever and find a ports only solution.
>
> This has been reported previously and the issue is bein tracked at
> https://github.com/freebsd/pkg/issues/585
> It affects more then just pecl packages...

What I would like is a technical description of what happen what are the
symptoms and the real failure.

I need to know how often we should reinstall the package depending on php every
minor version? every medium version?
Which one should be reinstalled? all pear? all pecl, anything using phpize?

Right now the plan is to add the PHP_VERSION_ID to the version of the package
using phpize so each time php is bumped then the version changed and it is
reinstalled.

For example:
pecl-yaml-1.1.1 will become: pecl-yaml-1.1.1.50434 for 5.4.34

That is if only things using phpize needs to be reinstalled and that should be
fairly easy to do

regards,
Bapt