Re: buildkernel: make[2]: exec(ctfconvert) failed (No such file or directory)

From: Garrett Cooper <yaneurabeya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:18:58 -0700
> On Oct 29, 2014, at 07:42, Ian Lepore <ian_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Why are you the only person in the world who has had to do this?

They're not the only one. $work is running into an issue where there's a mismatch between the host and build version which is generating corrupt ctf sections.

I thought it had been fixed on CURRENT recently, but the converse might be true--it might have been broken because it's no longer being built as part of the bootstrap tools process.

My gut says that this section is prematurely optimizing it out of the build, because it's assumed that the host tool will always be binary compatible with the build tool:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/Makefile.inc1?annotate=273755#l1270