Re: panic: resource_list_alloc: resource entry is busy

From: Marcin Cieslak <saper_at_saper.info>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2014 11:37:24 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 12 Sep 2014, Kevin Oberman wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Marcin Cieslak <saper_at_saper.info> wrote:
>
>> Please note I originally loaded "i915.ko", not "i915kms.ko"
>>

>> Unfortunately, "kldunload i915kms" makes my screen blank
>> and probably crashes the system (disk activity stops after
>> a short while and there is no response to the keyboard input).
>>
>> //Marcin
>>

> That explains most of it. You need i915kms. It is conflicting with i915
> which already has  the IRQ allocated.
>
> The black screen is expected. Once KMS starts talking to the graphics
> system, syscons can no longer talk to the display, so you get a black
> screen. To have a working display, you must enable vt(4). Add "kern.vty=vt"
> to /boot/loader.conf to enable vt(4) which will keep the display alive.

Yes, I do have "kern.vty=vt" enabled in the loader and without i915kms
loaded my system boots correctly. I can load i915kms later per hand
or when starting X, but it does not work with bootloader.

I think it's a known problem as of September 2nd as stated on the
http://wiki.freebsd.org/Newcons page. (My machine is Sony VAIO SZ5MN).

//Marcin