Re: 11.0-CURRENT and Lenovo ThinkPad E540: No LAN, no WiFI

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 00:12:23 +0200
Am Tue, 16 Sep 2014 08:40:25 -0700
Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org> schrieb:

> Ah, jumbo frames. Maybe you got lucky and some ethernet drivers
> default to accepting larger frames even if the MTU is 1500.
>

> -a

It is not the jumbo frame that makes this specific NIC work, I have to set the mtu
explicitely to make it work.

To make this notebook work in different departments, I need to use DHCP. At the moment I
have to set the mtu manually, disbaling and reenabling the NIC (ifconfig re0 down,
ifconfig re0 mtu xxxx, ifconfig re0 up).

This seems to be strange. After that, the NIC seems to work as expected and the Laptop
has connection.

Oliver