UEFI/CURRENT: vt() and nVidia BLOB: not working on nVidia GT 740M

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 13:18:39 +0200
Running FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #5 r271728: Thu Sep 18 01:18:25 CEST 2014 amd64 on a Lenovo
ThinkPad Edge E540 laptop with built-in nVidida GT 740M GPU (NV208M) doesn't bring up X11
even with most recent nVidia  BLOB 343.13.

The system has been installed from a most recent FBSD CURRENT USB drive image and uses
UEFI and newcons/vt(). IN UEFI Firmware, the primary GPU selected is the nVidia GT 740M
in favour of the Intel iGPU HD4600 of the Haswell CPU.

While the system works well with console only after UEFI boot, I can not start X11 having
driver "nvidia" enabled, the portion in xorg.conf reflecting this is as follows:

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "Card0"
        VendorName      "nVidia"
        BoardName       "GT740M"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        BusID           "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

When starting X, the screen goes blank and black with a stuck mousepointer showing up and
a green (colour defined in my console) carret showing in the left hand upper corner of the
screen - and nothing happens anymore.

Using driver "nv" from the regular xorg installation from the ports (having set
WITH_NEW_XORG=          YES
WITH_KMS=               YES
WITH_GALLIUM=           YES
in /etc/make.conf) fails with the error, that the driver doesn't recognises the GPU type.

The only working solution is the very slow and unusable x11-drivers/xf86-video-scfb
unaccelerated software framebuffer.

I'd like to use the accelerated nVidia GPU with the BLOB as I do on all other FreeBSD
boxes I use (systems still without UEFI and graphical vt()).

What am I doing wrong here?

Has someone successfully bootet FBSD CURRENT via EUFI and nVidia accelerated GPU via
nVidia's BLOB?

Thanks in advance,

Oliver