/boot/loader.efi and buildkernel

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:16:38 +0200
Modules and kernel are built when running "make buildkernel", but the other contents
of /boot/ aren't. How can I manually - and separately - build the loader,
especially /boot/loader.efi?

I realized that building loader.efi with any kind of optimization beyond debugging- or
close-to-debugging level ends up in an unloadable loader.efi on Haswell CPUs (IvyBridge
and C2D seem to be unaffected). The system in question is the most recent CURRENT,
compiled with system's CLANG 3.4.1.

Regards,
Oliver