Re: Looping during boot-up process in FreeBSD-11 current

From: Mike. <the.lists_at_mgm51.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 10:13:41 -0400
On 9/29/2014 at 2:15 AM José Pérez Arauzo wrote:

|This encoded message has been converted to an attachment.
|
|Hi Mike,
|It looks like we are hitting the same problem. If we find a
|third person with the same issue we can fund a club. :)

|Interesting to note:
| 1) we both run FBSD on small netbooks which usually get
|  equipped with crappy ^D^D^D^D^D^D^D cheap hardware.
| 2) yours seems to be an Intel-only box, mine is an AMD-only,
|  so the problem is not there (I mean, it's not the graphic
|  chip).
| 3) we both have an Atheros wifi, whose driver has been updated
|  recently, maybe this is the issue?

The notebook in question is a circa-2002 IBM Thinkpad A31p (of the
"workstation replacement" genre of the day).  If you're curious,
here's more info on it:
http://www.tomsguide.com/us/ibm-thinkpad-a31p,review-42.html

The Atheros WiFi is a SMC PC-Card adapter.   I can unplug it to see
if it has any effect on the issue.  I'll do that later today when the
compiling finishes.  :)

[snip]

|I will keep you posted, in the meantime you can try and
| boot your pc from 271146, it works for me.

Once I figure out how to do that, I'll give it a try.  :)

Meanwhile, make buildkernel with 270327 should finish compiling in a
few hours....

Thanks.
Mike.