Re: What do you use for kernel debugging?

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 22:44:24 +0800
On 9/29/14, 9:35 AM, Garrett Cooper wrote:
>> On Sep 28, 2014, at 17:51, "José Pérez Arauzo" <fbl_at_aoek.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Benjamin,

>> kernel does

>> serial
>> option

with hardware related debugging it's always hard.. in the past I used
serial and firewire
but they are getting hard to find.

if it wasn't hardware related then using bhyve with it's gdb debugger
hook works fine.

Unfortunately you can't use a USB serial as it requires the USB stack
be  working before it can be used..
similar with ethernet connected debugging which requires that the
driver for the ethernet hardware support it.
(which why we don't have it in the tree though it has been done
several times in the past).