Re: Call For Testers: Synaptics touchpads

From: Rui Paulo <rpaulo_at_me.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 21:00:21 +0000 (GMT)
On Apr 10, 2015, at 10:52 AM, Jan Kokemüller <jan.kokemueller_at_gmail.com> wrote:

But it would be aweseome to have both enabled. Could someone
investigate?

I've written a patch for this:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-x11/2014-November/015673.html

With this, I can have both

hw.psm.synaptics_support="1"
hw.psm.trackpoint_support="1"

in my /boot/loader.conf. I can control trackpoint settings such as speed
or sensitivity while having the touchpad also enabled.

The patch might need some cleanup to land in the tree, but I've been
happily using this for at least a year now :)

Actually, the patch looks pretty reasonable.  I'll test it and commit it if it works :-)

Thanks!