Re: amd64 base/head r284673 fails to build on amd64 base/head r284639, pilot error?

From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg_at_juniper.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 20:56:21 -0700
Bryan Drewery <bdrewery_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> I think the problem here is the use of -m for SUB_MAKE in /Makefile.
> Specifying -m share/mk causes all of the issues I've seen (expected
> including of /etc/src.conf), while not using -m does not include
> /etc/src.conf even though the build is being done in a src dir.

Sorry, the behavior here will vary depending on when /usr/bin/make was built.

IIRC when I first put bmake in I made it use .../share/mk by default
(during the original discussion at BSDCan about 4 years ago
ensuring that "correct" src/share/mk used by default was stated as a
goal - without need for env settings).

Of course .../share/mk breaks POLA for those who expect /usr/share/mk to
always be used, so that was backed out, but was more recently put back
in ;-)

Sooo unless you explicitly use -m or set MAKESYSPATH, we cannot say for
sure whether you will get /usr/share/mk/sys.mk or
$SRCTOP/share/mk/sys.mk when you run 'make' in a subdir, and the result
wrt to src.conf depends on using $SRCTOP/share/mk/sys.mk