Re: CFT: ndis(4) testers needed!

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 07:49:56 +0000
> I ended with doing the aforementioned 2 changes as one.

> The diff is living here:

> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D2655

> It spans the net80211 layer and converts (almost) all 802.11 drivers
> to new KPI. Now it also converts if_ndis, and this is the change I
> am asking you to test.

> Unlike all other drivers, converting if_ndis wasn't trivial. There are
> likely bugs introduced, so it may happen that we will need several
> rounds of testing.

> Totus tuus, Glebius.

What do I need to download?  There is a lot of stuff on the page you cite, and I see a link to the right, Download Raw Diff.  Is that what I'm supposed to download?

What do you want me to test it on?

I have Hiro H50191 USB WLAN adapter, including .inf and .sys files.

I also have, on MSI MPOWER motherboard, Atheros AR9271 quasi-USB WLAN, and Realtek 8111E Ethernet, with MS-Windows drivers but no .INF and .SYS files on DVD that came with the motherboard.

Is there a way to convert MS-Windows drivers that come with no .inf and .sys files to ndis-compatible format?  Or just test on the Hiro H50191?

Also, after applying the patch to the source tree, what if anything do I have to do to not be messed up for subsequent svn updates to source tree?

Tom