Re: Proposal: make portsnap generate INDEX-${OSREL:R} only by default

From: Erwin Lansing <erwin_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2015 08:56:21 +0200
On Thu, Aug 06, 2015 at 05:19:54PM -0700, Xin Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently the default portsnap.conf would generate INDEX-11, INDEX-10
> and INDEX-9.  The INDEX file is only used for searching ports, and only
> one (INDEX-${OSREL:R}) file is actually used.

This is default behaviour for other tools like fetchindex already.  It
makes no sense to have all INDEXes installed on all systems for almost
all users, so I'm all for it.  The few corner cases can, say someone
building packages for different releases, can be easily scripted around
(or recommend poudriere).

Erwin