Re: CFT: ndis(4) testers needed!

From: Thomas Mueller <mueller6724_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 20:52:59 +0000
> If you haven't ever successfully run ndis before on this hardware, then testing
> the patch is quite useless :( Since we don't have a working reference point.

> Sorry for waisting your time.

> Totus tuus, Glebius.

I remember trying ndis from a USB-stick installation of FreeBSD 9.2-STABLE, but it failed.

I could try again, since I already have the setup, with
set hint.rsu.0.disabled="1"  from loader prompt.

Still a small chance, but I have the setup.  Maybe there is a needed firmware file in non-obvious place.

Then should I svn revert the src tree and update normally, without patches?

When possible, it would be good to have more documentation of how to set up with ndis, and what to do when the Windows drivers don't include .inf and .sys files.

Tom