Re: r286615: /usr/libexec/ftpd broken!

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 16:46:32 +0200
Am Tue, 18 Aug 2015 07:35:25 -0700
Marcel Moolenaar <marcel_at_xcllnt.net> schrieb:

> > On Aug 17, 2015, at 10:15 PM, O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
> >
> > Port security/heimdal installs its own ftpd with its appropriate manpages.
>
> Ugh :-(
>
> It would have been so nice if man(1) would have told you that there
> were 2 ftpd manpages and that you need to specify which one you want.
> That should raise an eyebrow right away...
>
> --
> Marcel Moolenaar
> marcel_at_xcllnt.net

A hint came from this list, so I checked via locate the existence of multiple ftpd and
ftpd.8[.gz] - and yes, I found several. I circumvent the problem by applying to man the
option "-M/usr/share/man" which brought up the the correct manpage.

And if it would not be hard ebough, I figured, that deleting port security/heimdal didn't