Partitioning on a MBR table disk fails (and destroys my data...)

From: Carsten Kunze <carsten.kunze_at_arcor.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 21:39:12 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

how is it possible to install FreeBSD in an existing empty MBR partition with type "freebsd"?  The installer does not allow this (for unknown reason), it returns the error "no space left".  What steps would be necessary to add two freebsd-ufs and one freebsd-swap into the existing freebsd partition?  In no case I want to delete this partition since I do *not* want FreeBSD to edit the MBR (to not have data loss again).  There is unfortunately not much information in the handbook "2.6.5. Shell Mode Partitioning" (anyway I'd prefer to use the curses UI partition editor).

Carsten