Re: Base Packaging in 11

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 03:05:04 +0100
On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 03:21:13PM -0800, Roger Marquis wrote:
> Forwarding this from freebsd-security in case anyone here can update us
> regarding the status of base packaging or has URLs for projects/release-pkg.
>
> Roger

Packaging base is happening here:
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/projects/release-pkg/

It is mostly stalled for month due to lack of time working on it.
The TODO list is mostly:
- implement priotity in plist for pkg to ensure the ordre files will be replaced
- finishing flexible dependencies and use it by default in pkg
- tracking down all issues from installworld that results files not installed by
  install(1) and files installed twice

In my opinion it should not be made the default mechanism for 11.0-RELEASE if we
are not able to provide our first packages for testing by the end of january to
leave enough time for testing and fixes before the release.

While I was pretty confident few month ago, things has changed since and I
cannot spend the necessary time on it for various reasons.

Best regards,
Bapt