ssh and HPN

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 13:58:26 +0800
So was there ever a result as to whether HPN still plays a useful role
in the current openSSH?
I haven't seen any note in the openssh docs about adding bigger window
support and that is a definite requirement when you are on the end of
a 500mSec RTT like I am,
but the last time we discussed it, there was talk of some changes in
openssh making the HPN changes redundant.
If anyone has more information about that claim, I'd like some more
definite information.