Re: Questions on adding backlight support for the i915 driver

From: Miguel Clara <miguelmclara_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 14:47:35 +0000
On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 10:21 PM, Alexandr Krivulya <shuriku_at_shurik.kiev.ua>
wrote:

> 31.01.2015 10:30, Miguel Clara пишет:
> > On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 8:19 AM, Elizabeth Myers <
> elizabeth_at_interlinked.me>
> > wrote:

> >> If your keys work (as in, they do things in FreeBSD), does sysctl and
> >> the keys work together just fine with no weird effects?
> >>
> >> The only weird problem I could possibly think of that could come up is
> >> that the keys do a simple add/subtract to the PCM values, and so the
> >> brightness ends up wrong. See if that happens.
> >>

> > Well, in the HP the keys don't do nothing it seems not even "xev" reports
> > anything when I use them, but they could be wrongly mapped maybe...
> >
> > On the acer I do see keycodes from xev, but Im using lumina and If I try
> > map them to anything it doesn't work... I'll see what happens after
> reboot
> > though.
> >

> All works fine (sysctl and Fn-keys) on my Thinkpad E530 with IvyBridge!

I my case it seems the issue wih the keys is that FreeBSD doesn't really
"know about them".

In the Acer laptop, it compiled and installed fine, and after reboot the
sysctl works awesome, but I add to map the keycodes in fluxbox:
None 239        :Exec   intel_backlight decr
None 123        :Exec   intel_backlight incr

I use the intel_backlight program still cause its easier to send the "decr"
and "incr".