Re: tzsetup - UTC user question

From: Crest <crest_at_rlwinm.de>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2015 15:35:34 +0100
On 03.02.2015 13:25, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>
>> The person doing the install may not know what the clock is currently set
>> to, especially when installing in a VM.  Perhaps the screen should display
>> the current machine time so they can correctly answer the question.
> Yes, this would help tremendously!

Showing both would help a lot e.g.

You selected %Z as local time zone.
Local time is: %T %Z
UTC time is: %T UTC
Is this what you expected?

Please bypass this screen if the user selected UTC as local time.

I prefer to run my systems with UTC and a login group with
:setenv=TZ=Foo/Bar,...:
This avoids trouble with daylight saving and servers spread over
multiple timezones.