tzsetup chroot

From: Nick Frampton <nick.frampton_at_akips.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 11:05:15 +1000
We have our own FreeBSD 10.1 installation script in which we call tzsetup.

I'm seeing different behaviour in tzsetup between these two invocations:

   tzsetup -C /mnt
   chroot /mnt /usr/sbin/tzsetup

With the -C option, no matter which time zone I select, it asks:

   Does the abbreviation 'UTC' look reasonable?

Using chroot, I get the expected behaviour, e.g. selecting America/New_York:

   Does the abbreviation 'EST' look reasonable?

/mnt contains the contents of base.txz, so it looks like all the zoneinfo files are there.

-Nick
--
Founder, CTO
www.akips.com