i915kms.ko regression?

From: Johannes Meixner <xmj_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 19:41:48 +0200
So it seems that some change between 10 and 4 days ago to the i915kms subsystem
introduced a regression with which loading i915kms through either console, or
Xorg, blanks the screen and makes the system unresponsive in that changing to
another tty, or from Xorg back to tty, does not yield any un-blanking.

I don't currently have another machine to ssh in and read logfiles (so neither
Xorg, messages or dmesg outputs can be had.

Is there any way I could go about debugging this issue?

The Laptop contains both an NVIDIA GPU as well as a Sandy/IvyBridge one, specs
here: https://wiki.freebsd.org/Laptops/ASUS_UX32VD

Best
-Johannes

[ originally posted to hackers_at_ then swills pointed out it should be here. ]

--
Johannes Meixner        | FreeBSD Committer
xmj_at_FreeBSD.org   	| http://people.freebsd.org/~xmj