Re: request for crypto hardware...

From: Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-security-local_at_be-well.ilk.org>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 19:40:41 -0500
John-Mark Gurney <jmg_at_funkthat.com> writes:

> I have some plans to improve the opencrypto framework in FreeBSD later
> this year.  This will require invasive changes to the various drivers.
> So, I'd like to line up hardware/volunteers before then.
>
> If you would like to see your hardware tested and verified to work
> with the new changes, please contact me w/ either a donation of
> hardware, money to purchase hardware, or if you have hardware, that
> you volunteer to test changes.
>
> I currently have the following hardware:
> aesni
>
> I do not have the following hardware:
> hifn
> ubsec
> padlock (VIA C3, C7 and Eden)

I have a mini-ITX VIA C3 board (EPIA ML, fairly early model) sitting
around doing nothing. I could probably cobble together a power supply,
RAM, and so on to put around it as a testing system, but I'd be happy to
ship it to you if you'd like. It's a pretty nice board, actually; I'd
probably have turned it into a firewall by now if its support for SSDs
were a little better.

My home server has a Via C7, and I'd be happy to test on that if it can
be done without leaving the house without Internet access for days.

> cesa (Marvell, missing man page)
> glxsb (AMD Geode LX, such as Sokris Net5501, missing man page)

I think I've got access to a dev board with one of these chips. I
haven't seen it lately, but I'm sure I can dig it out if necessary.