Re: "*** [kernel.debug] Error code 139"?

From: David Wolfskill <david_at_catwhisker.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2015 06:43:37 -0800
On Thu, Jan 08, 2015 at 02:06:16PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

> >> Looks like a stack overflow, cause unknown as of yet:
> >
> > I'll try to reproduce this, but perhaps try reverting r274569? r274565
> > and r274564 could also potentially be the cause of this, but r274569
> > would be my first guess.
>
> It only started 2 nights ago and we are both doing daily builds.  Unlikely that stuff from November would do it oh so suddenly.
>
> It?s hard to exactly narrow it down as there was a lot of other breakage in the tree but I know that r276729 finished a full universe and I hadn?t noticed the problem before.  So I would almost assume it was something after that (but obviously it could be a combination of things).

I'm only building world & kernel (vs. universe), and doing it natively
on head/i386.  You may see my history of (eventually, in a few cases)
succssful builds for the machine & environment in question at
<http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/FreeBSD/history/freebeast_i386_11.txt>.

While I did see an issue (that prevented a successful build) on 06
Jan and 01 Jan, the other daily builds in the last couple of weeks were
fairly uneventful -- save for yesterday (07 Jan), where I encountered
the SIGSEGV in ctfmerge (though, as I noted at the time, a re-build
didn't experience it).

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill				david_at_catwhisker.org
Actions have consequences ... as do inactions.