Re: Devops question: unattended installs of FreeBSD?

From: Kurt Jaeger <lists_at_opsec.eu>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 20:51:04 +0100
Hi!

> I had a devops person who is familiar with setting up hundreds of
> Linux nodes in cloud environment ask me what is the best way
> to do unattended installs in a cloud environment.

Are the nodes with local disks or is storage coming from some iSCSI etc ?

What cloud is it ?

Depending on the storage behind the cloud, I'd just un-tar
a prepared filesystem image onto the network storage in question, add some
/etc/rc.conf file to it and there you go ?

[Note: I have *not* done this myself, just guessing]

--
pi_at_opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                         5 years to go !