Re: who broke dtrace and buildworld?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2015 18:35:59 -0800
On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 02:10:19AM +0000, Steven Hartland wrote:

> >> Just double checked and I can building r277307 without issue, build box
> >> is running 10.1-RELEASE.
> >>
> >> My head box is quite a bit slower and is still running, but it did
> >> complete a full buildworld on what is r277300 before it was committed so
> >> no reason to think it wont complete.
> > My laptop is running
> >
> > % uname -a (with some editing)
> > FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT r275646: Tue Dec  9 12:23:30 PST 2014
> >
> > and I understand the "a bit slower" statement as it takes 5+ hours
> > to buildworld on my laptop.
> >
> > Note sure if it matters, but I'm building i386 not amd64.
> I just replaced my make.conf and src.conf with the ones you posted and
> am retested and again the build completes.
>
> tinderbox being based off universe just with error reporting so tested
> buildworld and buildkernel for all arch's so I can't see i386 being an
> issue either, but I'm testing now with TARGET=i386 just be be sure.
>
> Could you verify you don't have something stale or a bad checkout?

I did all of the checking before I sent the first email (including
multiple 'svn update' and 'svn status').  The tree before reverting
your patch was an up-to-date head without any other patches.  I
use neither ccache nor -DNOCLEAN and use 'rm -rf /usr/obj/*' to
clean out OBJDIR.  Without your patch installed everything completed
as I expected (well, I did hit the MCA_system issue), and updated
my system.  I'm now trying to again rebuild buildworld from scratch.
This is going to take awhile.

--
Steve